Our sponsors, both public and private, have chosen to support the Institute for Law and Finance in a variety of forms. In addition to their generous financial support, many of our sponsors demonstrate a special commitment to the ILF’s mission by providing, on a pro bono basis, the expertise of some of their most senior experts in law and finance who provide the ILF students with actual practical insight into the most significant aspects in their fields of work.
These expert lecturers are drawn from our sponsors such as leading international financial institutions, law firms, the European central bank, regulatory bodies etc. Recent expert lecturers include the
- Head of the Directorate for General Research, European Central Bank
- Partner in international banking and financial law, Baker & McKenzie
- Head of the Financial Law Unit, German Bundesbank
- Partners in corporate finance, banking and project finance, Baker & McKenzie
- Deputy General Counsel on legal aspects of monetary policy, European Central Bank
- Representative to international working groups on credit system laws, German Bundesbank
- Head of the Institutional Law Division on laws of central banking, European Central Bank
- Expert on Prudential Supervision of European laws of financial services and international financial standards, European Central Bank
The Internship Fair held in December 2002 was sponsored by the Frankfurt Chamber of Commerce and Industry which provided the site location. Other sponsors sent their leading experts to discuss with ILF students about their internship interests. In March 2003, Dresdner Bank held a Roundtable Discussion on the future of the Finance Center “Frankfurt” which involved leading government and private speakers.
Bowne & Co. Inc. in Frankfurt, the world's largest financial printing company, has offered to sponsor the publication of the best LL.M. Finance Master’s Thesis from the ILF each year.
This close synergy between the public and private sponsors and the ILF is one of the most valuable components of the ILF experience, thereby defining and realising the ILF's concept of a public and private partnership in excellence.